Friday, May 20, 2022

Covid at SEA

 We were now thru with all things Italian and on our way to Spain. After dinner, we had a little presentation from two Italian guides about “hand gestures”. It’s impossible for an Italian to NOT talk using their hands…so we got a full on demonstration with diagram handouts if we ever wanted to use them.  It was really funny….but you would have had to been there…as the saying goes.

Retiring to our staterooms, neither one of us was feeling normal…. But chalk it up to a long trip. Since we were at sea for a few days, and couldn’t leave the ship….Steve decided to TEST!  We brought 8 of the freebie US tests from home, thinking we may need them…and this was the  opportunity…so after swabbing…Steve was positive for Covid. Oh boy! I was dragging my heels because maybe I just didn’t want to know….. but after a few hours, I relented…and OH BOY! AGAIN!  So our little stateroom was clearly in the COVID zone. We reported to the ships doctor, who promptly showed up and tested us again with her own version of the quick test…spitting in a tube. And yes…. We were among the newly infected…..little did we know how many were in that group. So they slapped the QUARANTINE sign on our door and we were instructed to STAY  in our room and food would be brought to us…but we were not supposed to leave our room…AT ALL! Bed-making was suspended…oh whoa is me!  Dr came by again and tested us once more just to make sure…so 3 tests each in a few hours….I was finally convinced we had the ‘RONA.  Nothing to do but stay in our stateroom and wait it out. We did however feel good enough to eat, and I asked them if I could have wine with my meal….. they must have felt very sorry for room 508… because I got a  whole Carafe and slept like a baby. 





No comments:

Post a Comment