Thursday, September 28, 2017

NORWAY III

I wasn' going to write a blog posts on Noway, because it is our third time visiting this Viking country.  But a few people asked me to, and I have the time on this ship...so will give it a go.
We heard about an 11 day cruise up the Norwegian Coast and back on the Hurtigruten Ferry system.
So, we signed up and away we go. Flew from Seattle to Bergen via London, and the only excitement there was a bunch of young men in the airport playing pranks. They happened to have a rather large fake rubber penis that they would throw on the floor as an unsuspecting female would walk by. It would stick to the floor and wobble bobble around and they were laughing so hard you could hear them from far away. Of course, I was one of those surprised females! I am sure they were so pleased at my reaction, too! Sorry...no pictures. A better reaction was Steve's , but it was understated.
Before we left home, we got emails from the ferry boat staff and the hotel we had booked for the night before. The days we were in Bergen were  the planned staging of one of Europe's biggest Bike races...the U C I. All the downtown/wharf roads would be closed and blocked to all traffic for the duration of the race. So sorry...they had no alternative solutions for us weary travelers... we were on our own!

Sent from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment