Friday, September 29, 2017

NORDNORGE

We had a whole day in Bergen before loading up our clickity clack wheelies and trudging to the Ferry. I don't know how the other people made it, but once again, we walked on those damn cobblestones for another 1 1/2 miles.  Picturesque, yes....but not suitcase friendly.  We spent the day eating dried Mackrel (Steve), watching bikes races and people, window shopping, and getting used to the prices in Norway....how easy we forget. We finally got to the Hurtigrudten Docks and saw "our" ferry...the NordNorge.
I say "our"  ferry, because there are 11 ferries ⛴ in this line that sail the whole coast of Norway every single week. They transport people, cars, merchandise, to ports large and small, on the way to Finmark and back. We had a interesting safety briefing, found our room # 534, and I ordered my first, but not last glass of "house/ship" wine. A very nice white from Portugal. 13-15 $$, for a glass....hmmmmm I have learned to enjoy each sip. The sun was out, we were in shirtsleeves, and we were 🍀 lucky at this time of year. 





Sent from my iPad



No comments:

Post a Comment