Wednesday, June 5, 2019

TRAVEL UPDATE

WELL, they made it! My 3 traveling cousins made it to Beirut....but even then the adventure didn’t end...because of me! My cousin( yes, everyone is a cousin in Lebanon) called spontaneously and said he was going to take me to the waterfront for a look see. I grabbed the ONLY key to the apt . So when these very weary, frustrated, exhausted ladies arrived  at the doorstep...there was no way for them to get in...a warm muggy evening.....and you know,I was in VERY big doodoo. When I realized my error, we called and connected and I knew the scene was going to be bad. We rushed back...more about driving in LEB later..... and I really took the rath. I deserved it...but, still......... as they said...they COULD NOT BELIEVE THIS TRAVEL JOURNEY was still going bad. Liquor seems to help the situation, so we sat down and caught up...and I kept apologizing profusely....like that would help. Here I was all chipper and rested and excited to see them...but they didn’t feel the same.
So the luggage is still not here! We washed cousins SU’s only dress, she had worn for over 3 days....and even tho Holland America said they would send it........the suitcase is still not here. When it was “delivered” to some cruisers room, the lady was smart enough to Call Suzy, because she had her phone on the tag. Otherwise she may never have known where this bag disappeared.


Meanwhile, I enjoyed a Balmy evening at the waterfront, which was heavily bombed in the attempt of the Israelis to destroy Lebanon. The waterfront has been rebuilt in a beautiful inviting manner with   lots of parking, and wide walk ways and apts that go for millions of dollars! But then the government left quite a few bombed out building standing, maybe so people don’t forget..IDK...I took a picture of one of the most famous hotels on earth....standing darkly in this new design of the new Lebanon...with the flag flying in front of it. I thought it was quite sobering. Many families, both Christian and Muslim enjoying the end of Ramadan at this beautiful setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment