Wednesday, October 18, 2017

STORMY SEAS

We were lucky we enjoyed such spectacular weather in Oct.........but all good things come to an end. The last two days we found ourselves away from the coastal shelter and into the Atlantic Ocean for some rocking and rolling. Anyone that reads my blog...knows one thing.....I am susceptible to motion sickness, which is really the pits for anyone who loves to travel. We finally hit some stormy seas, and while most other shipmates were tolerating the swells....I was not. After an embarrassing incident 
at dinner (where I had to bolt from our dinner companions), I had a rough evening, but made sure I took my pills until we reached land.




There is a joke about Bergen...It is always raining in Bergen! The Norski's say that,and with 242 days a year where rain is recorded...it is likely one will encounter rain at some point. We docked on a rainy afternoon, and I noticed that EVERYONE CARRIES UMBRELLAS. Not like Seattle, when it rains but not many people use an umbrella.
Even tho the trip had been spectacular and fun, I was glad to have my feet on land.......well, until we flew out the next day. Iceland Air was our trip home......and it went smoothly....with free WiFi in the air! 
But I just couldn't eat anymore fish 🐟..........



No comments:

Post a Comment